Monday, February 06, 2006

Writing is therapeutic

Writing as therapy


Sure writing is therapeutic - haven't I always told you that. Well it is. I think writing on the computer or word processor is also therapeutic, plus it doesn't make your hands ache like using a pen does. Maybe it's that way with me because I'm getting a bit older - who knows?

I have recently been thinking about what happened to me when I started work as an apprentice at Glover Bros in Mossley. Engineering excites me - it did then and it still does - just seeing those machines making other parts for other machines makes me recall the good times I had in that industry.

However, those good times came later. I had bad times at Glovers. The only half decent times I had through the week were my lunch-breaks when I would go on my motorbike to meet Pete up at Heyhead or somewhere between where he worked in Carrbrook and where I worked in Mossley, on Egmont Street - a part of that town I still dislike.

Anyway, as soon as I began working in Glover Engineering, my life became miserable. I had to go to the shops for the men three times a day and they made my life difficult, I can tell you. Some - probably most - of the men were OK, I suppose, just kidded me a bit, but some were nasty and tried their hardest to get me upset. Coming from a village. I wasn't used to having to deal with townies and I found them very different to the men I knew nearer to home.

I remember Keith Shaw, who is probably dead now, being one of the nastiest men I have ever met. There was nothing in him you could find to like. He was relentless in his nastiness and since then I have come to realize that it was he who had the problem rather than me. I was the butt of his ill-humour but I wasn't the source of it. That was somewhere else - probably in his home life or his health or in his past life as a child.

He may have had a hard time when he was a kid and so if that was the case I can forgive him. See, that is what I mean when I say that writing is therapeutic - I have never found it in my heart to forgive Keith Shaw until now, and thinking that his nastiness was the product of something nasty in his life has meant I can let go at last. I can stop hating him and that has freed me. Hate really is a wasting disease, isn't it? From now on, I am not going to indulge in it and I don't think you should either, even though you may have excellent reasons for hating, let them go - write it out of you - do it now.
Robert L. Fielding

6 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are quite eclectic...I imagined that you were a journalist but I am pleased to find so much more...

Psychology and writing are connected in many ways. It is a good way to purge negative experiences.

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger James K. Marcotte said...

Not for everyone, writing is therapy and i believe and agree with this fact. This site http://www.englishgrammarcheck.org/best-grammar-exercises/ give us major goal to write perfectly and avoid grammar mistakes. We must encourgae people to write.

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger Anonymous said...

Nice blog post, The individual known as an informed man or lady course is a fundamental piece of our life we need to make changes in us by assurance that we in like way need to watchful individuals about planning. You can look at this site and get numerous new thoughts and procedures which will helps recorded as a hard copy.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Gabroo said...

Writing is ought task and difficult movement for the students. The majority of the visits of the https://www.bestghostwriters.net/medical-ghostwriting/ are linked for the humans. The twisting of the writing is deposed for the struggle of the parts of the field.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Hildegard Flatley said...

Online bearing is trendifying preparing with no issue and moderateness. Electronic preparing ensures an uncommon spot for those people which needs to support their calling. Web preparing is enormous in various core interests. read here

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Hildegard Flatley said...

There are numerous reports a portion of the gamers took other individual information by climbing and may utilize their information for the criminal purposes. Thus, while messing around, one should think about the security and insurance of his own information. visit this link

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home